Monday, April 18, 2011

blogging away

This is officially my first blog ever, and I'm a little disappointed.  I thought it would be so much more exciting than this.  I also just blanked out on clever things to say.  Errrrrrr...awkward.......  I suppose I'll get the basics out of the way then. 

I decided to start a blog for the simple reason that I think I have stuff to say that people might enjoy, hate, or have some other kind of feeling about.  I'm 38 years old and have lived in Roanoke, VA for 4 years now.  I'm from Harrisonburg, VA and Roanoke was a big step up as far as population and things to do.  I think I'll mostly write about the things that I do here, which may not be exciting in themselves, but I try to find a way to make my adventures funny and entertaining to all who will listen.  Or in this case, read.  My adventures will be anything from riding the bus, going to a poetry reading, the arts, food, and I might even write about that time I don't remember getting home in a cab after a day of celebrating the Kentucky Derby.  Posts won't necessarily be R-rated, but you probably wouldn't want a child reading this.  I'm a bad influence on children, but I hope a good influence on open-minded and good-natured adults.  GiniInTheCity might contain some bad words, alcohol references, and even some sex...or at the very least, heavy petting.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You aren't a bad influence on children... I mean- I'm sure that you are going to be Baby Peter's favorite drunken aunt.

    ReplyDelete