Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You're my inspiration

I have several goals in life - totally attainable - only two of which are to lose weight and to free up some closet space.  I've decided that I need some daily inspiration and plan to kill 2 birds with one stone.  I've never liked birds anyway. 
Here's the plan:
I have some awesome dresses that are a wee bit too small, so I hung them up on the wall in my closet (which was originally a second bedroom, but I live alone, so why not make it useful?)

Why yes, that is a vintage Lilly Pulitzer hostess dress, thank you for asking!


Now, my closets aren't so cluttered, I have unique and what I consider to be beautiful wall decor, and I'm reminded every day to put the damn Double Stuf Oreos down.

I found the little acrylic paintings at a yard sale for $1.  A child may have painted them, but I don't care.  They're better than anything I've done.
Don't know if I can give up the Oreos cold turkey, but now my boring walls are colorful and joyous and every day will be a good day!  I hope yours is a good day too!

P.S. I got the idea from hanging clothes on the wall from Freckles in downtown Roanoke :)


UPDATE 02/28/12:  Guess who's still a big fat fat-ass and can't fit into any of these clothes?  This girl!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the idea of hanging your "goal" in front of you! What a clever idea. Seems pretty simple, but I never thought of it.

    I'm totally hanging up my yellow J.Crew pants on the bedroom wall when I get home :)

    P.S. I still want that Lilly dress :-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. DSS - I thought of you the other day when yet another pair of my Clark's sandals fell apart due to dry rot. Have you found a way to keep our favorite shoes from dry rot?

    ReplyDelete